REFLECTOR: Goose Repair Update (Engine Run)

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 10:33:54 CDT 2011

Brian,

I'm using 12 as initial crank timing.

Post start enrichment is set according to Airflow Performance specs. Pretty simple really, Get the thing to idle in the middle of the leaning arm stroke. Then set the power circuit so that it doesn't stumble when you advance the throttle.

I haven't gone much farther than that yet since I don't have the prop installed (it Will change). I'm waiting til after I paint it to put the prop on. Then I can go with temps and fine tuning.

Once the beast is safe & tested, I can fly it to Airflow Performance and they will tweak all my injectors to run as close to perfect as they can get them. They have a very affordable and efficient method for doing this.

Since I have no computers in the machine, there is really no fuel mapping, just old style NasCar tuning.

Kurt