REFLECTOR: Canard Center Hinge Part 2

John Abraham jabraham03 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 07:30:31 CDT 2011

Richard

A couple things to think about.

First of all, check alignment on the ground with gauges. I have seen canard tips put on uneven before.

Second,  check bushings on elevator hinges since they are easy to inspect. On a new airplane you shouldnt have issues with this unless one or two were reemed out at any point or missing.

Third, send a picture of your center hinge section. Where the two elevator torque tubes meet. Make sure the bolt connector the torque tubes is tight and also the bolt going through the rod end. You won't notice it too much on the ground but in flight a little play can be seen easily with loads on that joint.

John Abraham
Out of the office from my iPhone