REFLECTOR: tube flare question

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Mar 15 10:52:30 CDT 2011

I am pretty sure that the tool Matt has allows the screw to turn but the
cone to just push against the tube causing the finish that you see on the
picture, the aviation flare tools lock the cone to the screw, so that it
burnishes the flare as it forms it- I prefer to use the white grease on
mine, but any lube will work I suppose.   I have been out working with the
tool the past couple of days to re-orient the flow sensors on my fuel
system, since Flowscan claims that they will only work properly if
horizontal with the wires facing up -  This is making my fuel routing a bit
more complicated...

  _____