REFLECTOR: Unbalanced fuel flow in flight

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sun Mar 13 09:37:47 CDT 2011

I was circling over the field and I did change directions in the circle expecting the left tank to burn fuel while it was the high wing. It did not seem to happen.

Fuel cap is air tight on both sides. Recently verified by pressurizing the system and leaving an airspeed indicator connected for several days.

The ball is slightly out to the left. I hesitate to do a permanent fix till I get to the gear up and normal cruise test.

I will conduct the string test next flight.

Probably use some tongue depressors and five minute to set the yaw till I start flying with the gear up and set it permanently.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone 4