REFLECTOR: Unbalanced fuel flow in flight

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 08:25:35 CDT 2011

Fuel flow imbalances, such as you describe, are often seen.
Jerry Brainard's note regarding fuel cap seals is one probable cause.
If the aircraft is out of rig, in this instance flying with the left wing
low, will cause fuel to feed from the right tank first.
You have addressed the other major reasons for fuel flow imbalance -
restrictions in the fuel supply and vent lines.
Suggest making additional flight tests (longer in duration), to see if the
fuel level in the left tank begins to drop.
Best,
Scott B