REFLECTOR: Cleveland brake upgrade #1 picture

Barry Gibbons gibbons at as.net
Sat Mar 12 18:47:42 CST 2011

In 2007 I installed Cleveland brake straight from box to axle. The brakes
started getting sponge and getting worst. Bleed system several times forward
and reverse flow. Even removed caliper and turn it up side down and bleed.
Call velocity and Scott said try and see if the pads are sticking.  I remove
the caliper and disassemble. I found a very sticky gummy stufff. I thinking
that the Cleveland caliber had some 5606 or something in it that was not
compatible with DOT 5. Has any body run across this? See pictures