REFLECTOR: ELT installation

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:54:38 CST 2011

A 1/2 wave dipole antenna is commonly used. For 406 MHz, 468/406 = 1.15 feet total length, or each leg about 7 inches long. You can make a dipole antenna with a piece of coax and copper foil tape. I mounted my 121.5 MHz ELT on the side of the fuselage near the main spar. Picture attached.

Doug Holub
Standard FG, 130 hrs