REFLECTOR: Intercom Noise

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Mar 9 19:14:56 CST 2011

There's no reason why a coil pack shouldn't be conducting at 0RPM, even
though it's a bad idea.

It's hard to divine your schematic from your description.  You have a
single wire from the master bus coming back and powering this terminal
strip?  And this strip powers all of those circuits?

The first thing I would do that will significantly reduce noise and
improve performance is to run a power wire dedicated to the coil packs.
That is one nasty noisy wire.  Separating that from your EI power will
make your EI very happy.  Also try to do the same for the coil pack
ground.  Bonus points for twisting that pair of wires.  Adding a shield
won't do anything for you, so don't bother with that.