REFLECTOR: brakes cylinder

Barry Gibbons gibbons at as.net
Tue Mar 8 16:19:44 CST 2011

I tried to put a cylinder Kit (Napa 1287) into my master brake cylinder. And
it will not work. Not the same thing. Has any body replace their master
cylinder or put a kit in the master cylinder. Do you have any numbers for
it? My cylinder has two rubber plunger and about 5.25 inches long and the
kit 1287 has one rubber plunger and is about 3.75 inches long. I'm having a
problem with sponge brakes .I bleed then and they are good and the next day
they are sponge again. I'm thinking it is the master cylinder. I cap the
line from the cylinder and push on the brakes and they are hard, I then cap
the line buy the caliper and push on brakes and the brakes are hard. I turn
my caliper up side down and bleed the brakes no air. What do you think?

Barry