REFLECTOR: Paint crack in Fuselage-Strake transition

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Mar 8 13:44:33 CST 2011

Before I repainted I had minute cracks in the bend radius that
transitioned form the fuselage to the strake, very close to the
rear(spar) area.

When I bought the plane, during the pre-buy inspection, we actually
sanded into the micro and verified they were just on the surface.
Brendan said they were very common and not to worry, the structure was
sound.

Now with my new paint job I noticed yesterday after about 20 hours of
flying there was a very thin crack in the paint.  Right in the same damn
spot!

Anybody else have these?  Is there a cure or do you just live with them?

Scott

--
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln