REFLECTOR: IFR training

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 11:23:18 CST 2011

Lou,

I am sure that a CFII will have better answers than I do. When I got my IFR, you were allowed to complete a portion (can't remember how much) of your IFR training on/in an "approved simulator". This actually was cost effective and a good way to begin basic scan and principles. I believe that you do have to have At Least 15 hours of time with a CFII, and a total of 40 when you combine simulators & flying.

Kurt