REFLECTOR: Dynon AHARS

Tom Falls tomfalls6 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:09:17 CDT 2011

There's a 3" diameter hole underneath at the tip of the strake for wing bolt
access. To me that means the last 3" is not structural. So I'm thinking we
can probably (?) put a 3" wide x maybe 6"-8" long access cover at the tip
without any harm to structural integrity. Because the AHARS needs to be
positioned with its long side (~5") laterally, then it could not be mounted
to the cover (which is 3" across) but instead would need to be mounted to
the underside of the top strake. Would a 3"x 6" (or 8") be big enough for
AHARS maintenance?

There will be wire in that area for the wing tip lights plus the coax for
the antennas. Does this maybe rule out putting the AHARS in the outboard end
of the strake anyway??