REFLECTOR: DYNON AHARS location again

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Jun 28 09:35:24 CDT 2011

Getting back to the recent discussion about Dynon AHARS placement- there was
a suggestion to put it under the rear seat- I like this location because it
is generally away from everything electrical except my AP servo (about  20")
but that has twisted pairs, so might be OK- anyway- did the person who
located it under the rear seats have the metal seat tracks, or was it with
the built up rear FG deck? I didn't notice any particular magnetic issues in
my area, although I have the floor mounted metal tracks so the seats can be
adjusted or removed, - didn't want to have the sensor located out of reach
inside the strake where I would have to remove the wing to get to it.  Any
suggestions?