REFLECTOR: EZ poxy & ethanol

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Jun 3 19:13:53 CDT 2011

Weight gain (or loss) is a measure of the effect of the ethanol.  Zero
gain means no effect and that is ideal.  Weight gain typically results
in a softening of the material.  Weight loss means the ethanol is
removing something, typically plasticizers, making the material more
brittle.  The chart also lists gasohol, which represents a range of
ethanol/gasoline blends, 10% being most common.  Since no weight gain is
indicated, it appears that 10% ethanol should not be a problem.

John