REFLECTOR: EZ poxy & ethanol

Tom Falls tomfalls6 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:25:23 CDT 2011

I am currently in the process of coating my tanks with Rhino 9700 (formerly
Jeffco ). Although I have no intention of using fuels with ethanol, I do
plan on using 98 octane and 100LL. Attached is the data sheet for Rhino
9700. Under chemical resistance, pure Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) is listed with
a 6.9% weight gain after 3 weeks. I don't know if this means a failure or
not . . . . but again it's 100% Ethanol. Any chemical types out there that
can tell us what "% weight gain" really means?

Tom