REFLECTOR: Dynon SkyView ADAHRS location

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Fri Jun 3 09:51:22 CDT 2011

I just went thru the same scenario, BMA unit died at Christmas and bought the Skyview. Everything was hooked up on the Dynon unit in the baggage area, which is where I had the BMA unit. Then we noticed the problem on heading. I moved the Dynon to a long tether and started moving the Dynon around the plane to find the best  spot. The baggage area was a problem unless it was floating two feet in the air. I even looked at under the rear seats and found  discrepancies to even larger problems sliding it only 6 inches along on the open floor ( I was scratching my head on that one).  I was hoping for canard area but it also showed 30-40 degree fluctuation. Final solution for me was a platform I built over the brake fluid reservoirs in the nose.

Doug K