REFLECTOR: Dynon SkyView ADAHRS location

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:37:02 CDT 2011

Darrell,
If possible, you're going to want to get the ADAHRS about two feet away from
any metal ... if possible.  I currently have one installed in a Glastar and
it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE mount it anywhere in that aircraft and meet that
criteria.

The best thing to do is to do a bit of analysis on your aircraft with a
hand-held compass and look for a location that is a good compromise between
mount-ability and no magnetic interference.

There's some latitude in the amount of magnetic influence you subject the
ADHARS to also.  There's a calibration process that you'll go through that
will dampen out, as best it can, any magnetic interference you may have in
your aircraft.  The Sky View also compensates and cross checks magnetic
heading with GPS - so there's a correction factor there too.

Best,
Peter

Check out:
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*