REFLECTOR: Franklin Will not turnover when hot

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 1 17:46:18 CDT 2011

Larry,

I may not be understanding this note but if you extended the scoop is there
just more space or are you blowing air from the scoop over the pan and
accessory case.  This cooling air is coming from where?

If it opens under the engine, I do not see how you obtain the cowl vacuum we
all want for downdraft cooling.  I must be missing something.  Help?  I like
the scoop.  Mine is whimpy in comparison so please be gentle but I get 1" of
increased manifold pressure.  What do you do with all that air?

Rene'