REFLECTOR: Need 2-3 Ounces Jeffco Fuel Tank Sealer - Willing to payless than $600

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:21:45 CDT 2011

Matt,

Jeffco Juice stopped the leak. I did the repairs yesterday. Afternoon temps
were in the mid nineties so the Jeffco was highly viscous - about like Mrs.
Butterworths syrup when I painted it on the back of the fuel bulkhead. Then
I turned on the shop vac a few times. Painted it two or three times and
turned on the vac. The Jeffco sucked into the hole like a charm. I could
actually hear the shop vac start humming a higher note as the epoxy was
pulled into the void. I waited an hour for it to cure a bit, then I
thickened another batch of Jeffco with Cabosil. I painted the thick stuff on
as insurance. I let it cure over night, then went in this morning to fill
the tank with 10 gallons. I checked it for leaks several times over a two
hour period. NO LEAKS!

What a big relief!!! Thanks, Matt, for the Jeffco Juice.

I've got about a dozen minor things on my  "to do list" and then I'll be
ready for the DAR. I scheduled the inspection for two weeks away, so now I
gotta get my butt in gear and make her totally airworthy.

I'll keep everybody posted on the reflector.

Dennis

--
All the best,
Dennis