REFLECTOR: Need 2-3 Ounces Jeffco Fuel Tank Sealer - Willing topayless than $600

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Jul 26 18:48:40 CDT 2011

Hi Chris,

Well, I modified my fuel pumps to use AN-6 fittings- they had bulged end
fittings for attachment of hose originally. I did this by removing the
portion of the tube with the bulge, then machining an AN-6 to fit the OD of
the Tube, then abraded the tube and attached the fittings with JB weld- I
checked with JB weld about this prior to doing it- they were 100% certain
that their product was both Ethanol fuel proof, and aviation fuel proof- I
tested this by putting a cured blob into my nice ethanol contaminated fuel
in a Jar, and leaving it there for about a month, then checking to see if it
had softened at all- it did not- as a  post script to this story, I had to
replace the pumps with Tracy Crook supplied ones (which come with AN
fittings) because I accidently ran them against a closed supply side valve,
and they would no longer develop pressure fast enough for my liking. But the
JB weld was still just like new when I removed them,.

BTW- my engine is running quite well these days, and it is not even tuned
yet- I got a 325 HP Catto on there (Thanks again to Scott Derrick) so I will
have enough resistance to get a good tune on there. Just got my Dynon AHRS
mounted (on a small Aluminum shelf behind the vanity and ahead of the gear
bulkhead, so I should be able to get tuning done and straight to taxi
testing, but as you are well aware, it is really freaking hot, and I choose
not to take that punishment, so it will have to wait for a while until we
can get a break in the temps.

Come up and visit anytime..

Alex

  _____