REFLECTOR: Leak testing

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 09:55:01 CDT 2011

Jerry,

 I did the old balloon test. Just to make sure I had a little pressure, I put one big party balloon inside another, then pumped them up with my air compressor.  I rubber-banded them onto the fuel lines then added some tape. Spray the connection with soapy water to check for leaks in the attachment.

This method worked for me as I found two rather small leaks in the outboard corner near the front of the bulkhead.

There is probably a fancier method of doing it, but this seemed to work.

 Kurt