REFLECTOR: Annunicators?

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 09:16:58 CST 2011

I installed a parking brake, and I have an annunciator for that.  I have an experimental pilot heat system that came w/ a three light monitor system that tells me if it is powered, if it is below operating temp, and when it’s heating circuits are powered.  Get one of those if you didn’t get there yet.  I also (before I realized the value of this) put an annunciator to the off side of the power switch thru a relay.  While a used auto fuses for a lot of stuff, I also have about a dozen aircraft CB’s that have helped particularly when I had starter problems or wanted to kill or be sure I had power to the transponder.  CB are an annunciation of sorts that auto fuses cannot be.     I HAVE to have my autopilot on before takeoff and best while stationary.  I have a annunciator for that.  All of these are top center on the LH side of the panel and I have memorized what I should see in light patterns before taxi and before takeoff, and say it to myself before I look.

Terry