REFLECTOR: Windows

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 25 17:17:59 CST 2011

Yes, I had to resize mine a bit.

Gulp.  Not a good time to ask... but ...

Did you by chance take the time to measure the window markings before you
cut them?  The factory markings are a close approximation of where they
should be, but are not necessarily precisely marked.  They can by high, low,
skewed, etc.  They might also be different sizes.

If you have the windows installed in the doors, you’ll want to take that
into account as well.  Aesthetically, you would like the doors in the
windows to line up between the windshield and the after windows.  Not
guaranteed with the factory markings.  I had to move the windows in the
doors a good ½” to get things to lineup nicely.

Also, you bought Randy’s kit.  He was building an RG.  You have changed it
to an FG.  Believe it or not, you can have larger rear windows now.  The RG
windows are shorter because the retract mechanism takes more room and the
Vanity Bulkhead needs to be a touch further forward.  Not so with the FG.
My rear windows are longer by something like 2” over the RGs.

FWIW,

Andy