REFLECTOR: Gear Warning System

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Jan 14 17:31:47 CST 2011

This doesn't answer your question; but I'm sure any one of those will work
fine - if you don't mind that they are incredibly expensive.

I've got essentially the same thing using the squat switch (which maybe came
with your kit, if not you can get one for less that $10). Wire up a circuit
with a relay and use the same switch to prevent the gear from going up when
on the ground, at activate a warning if you are going below a set speed and
the gear is up.  I can scan the circuit diagram for you.  Warning can be a
blinking red LED on the panel in front of you (a couple bucks) and the
warning horn (which maybe came with your kit, if not you can get one for
about $20).  If you also want an audible warning that feeds into the headset
(via your audio panel), I can sell you a small 2" x 3" circuit board that
does that.

Best,

Al  (ALVentures at cox.net)