REFLECTOR: Intercom noise

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Mon Jan 10 14:26:15 CST 2011

I'm not sure.  There is a 10 or so position double row barrier strip on the firewall.  Most of the upper row is empty.  One is labeled "ground".  I checked the resistance between the screw and the starter ground and it bounced around from a few to several hundred ohms.  A braided copper wire was attached to it.  There was another wire attached to the copper wire which went to the next terminal.  The resistance from this terminal to the starter ground was 0.  I disconnected both and the EI did not work.  The power and ground wires to the EI attach at the opposite end of the strip, so I don't know what the relationship is to the 2 grounds.  So I re-attached the good ground and the EI ran, but ran rough at idle.  Then I re-attached the remaining ground and the EI ran fine.  Also the resistance is now 0, so I guess there was some corrosion or something.

John