REFLECTOR: Fixes for Stick Slop

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:04:56 CST 2011

OK... Thanks for the reply...

Steve

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 22:45:46 -0600
From: michalk at awpi.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fixes for Stick Slop

    I have a Franklin with Ivo prop, so I already had a very sturdy
    mount for the gauge.  It's a dial gauge, pretty old, given to me by
    an old timer.  It reads to .0001 increments.  A full needle
    revolution is .01 inches.

    I measures the edge of the crank flange.  I had to wait between
    measurements, because there was a few thousandths movement just in
    the bearing.