REFLECTOR: Gear collapse

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 15:55:59 CST 2011

This morning I flue up to Sebring Florida (KSEF). On landing, the rear gear
collapsed then the nose gear collapsed. This was with both lights showing
green on short final. The  IVO prop. shattered as expected and on the bottom
firewall forward about three feet, was scrubbed off down to the blue foam.

The wings, canard and the rest of the body is OK. No de-lamination.
We got the plane back up on all three's and pulled it over to the FBO.
After an hour of examinations we still cannot figure out how this happened.

If Travis is still on the reflector, please contact me offline. I need the
plane
shipped back to Lantana Airport (KLNA) for repairs.

--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG