REFLECTOR: Fixes for Stick Slop

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Jan 7 12:02:28 CST 2011

There has been little discussion on a fix.  My solution involves making
a saddle, I'm not sure if it's what the factory does or not.

I think the tubes are 1/2", so I bought some 1/2"ID, .25" wall aluminum
tube.
With about 2" of stock, I first machined a flat on opposing side,
leaving about 1/8" thickness.
Next, cut the tube in half along a plane parallel with the two flats.
Take the two halves, and place them flat to flat, drilling a hole for
the bolt.  The tubes can now be cradled in the saddle.

The flats help support the torque transmitted to the two tubes at right
angles.  For extra smoothness, use a thin teflon washer(or sheet)
between the flats.