REFLECTOR: Oil in Fiberglass

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:20:46 CST 2011

Tom,

I had a small leak at the oil cooler in the nose and the oil traveled along the outer surface of the oil line and back into the duct.  Installing some sort of a collar on the line just before the duct might make the oil drip off before entering the duct.  The leak didn't appear for about 80 hours and I use a clean rag to check for any seepage at annual now.

Larry Coen
N136LC