REFLECTOR: FG Wheel Pant Photos

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 10:14:44 CST 2011

All,

Attached are some pictures of my modified main wheel pants. My original ones did join parallel to the fuselage, all the way around the edge. This is kind of like the speed pants I have on my Cherokee 235. What I didnt like about those is they are a pain to get on & off, very easy to chip the paint on the edges and hard to keep the fiberglass seam looking tight & nice.
Mine also would not clear the brakes.

As they are now, I can remove the screws around the "lip" and the wheel pants stay on. Remove the remaining inboard 2 screws and you can get the in board piece off to access the brakes, remove the outboard axle screw, and pull the main pant off the wheel.

You can see my spring loaded access door so that I can check tire pressure without standing on my head or removing the pant. Just have a permanent line on the tire that lines up with the door.

This is posted to the reflector as well, but without the pics attached, since it would just get bounced anyway.

Any questions, Let me know.

Kurt