REFLECTOR: Ailerons and solid models

David Ullman ullman at robustdecisions.com
Wed Dec 28 19:18:33 CST 2011

Thanks for all the words.  I have rerouted the push pull cables to get the
most open curve possible and a 90deg approach to the aileron control arms.
They move much easier with a 4 lb force applied  at the top of the stick
being sufficient to get the stick to move. There is very little play in the
system.  It is as good as I can get it and now I just wait for the NW rains
to let up so we can test fly it again.  Another well spent 30+ hours of fun
in cramped places.

I am working on another project and using a solid modeler (a state of the
art CAD system).  Anyone know of a good solid model of a SEFX?  I can import
most any common file type.  If there isn't one out there, then I might make
one.  It will be good for simulation games and to design paint schemes. Be
happy to share it if I do make one.

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President