REFLECTOR: Ailerons

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Dec 26 12:21:02 CST 2011

David,

I think what you're seeing is typical, and I think it's probably fine to
fly it.  I think you probably wouldn't have issues doing your flutter
testing as it is, but that's the one area you might want to wait to do
until you swap out for steel, but there's a lot of testing you can do
before you do the flutter speed testing (while you order the steel tubes).
Net, if your next flight doesn't show the 'snatch' tendency, then I suspect
you have a typical Velocity installation now.  If it still snatches, then I
would wait for the steel to proceed testing.

Brett