REFLECTOR: Fw: ELT installation

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Dec 14 09:43:31 CST 2011

I was wanting to do something similar in mine- the ELT came with the whip,
which also apparently includes a loading coil at the base, so I didn't want
to substitute a copper foil for the emitter portion.  Also, the instructions
clearly state that the antenna needs to be no more than 30 degrees from
vertical for proper operation- I will try to make as large as possible
aluminum plate ground plane and mount in approximately the same position, I
just need to clear my retract mechanism., but want the mount to be robust so
if it is ever needed, it will still be in one piece..