REFLECTOR: V-Twin photo

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Thu Dec 8 19:23:22 CST 2011

I'm in Sebastian for the head start program and Scott gave me a tour of the twin project. Here's a picture. (Taken with permission.)

Interesting facts:

*         Wings are a left-over set of the Brazillian hollow-core model. There is no special reason they were used for this project, they just happened to be available.

*         Strakes are made from the standard parts, but are assembled with more space between the top and bottom (bowed out in the middle) so they have more capacity.

*         The aileron torque tube has been replaced with a cable running down the side of the fuselage. With no engine in the middle, the one push/pull cable can work both ailerons from a central bell-crank.

*         There will be room in the tail for baggage, but W&B will require a passenger in the front if there is any weight in back.

*         Projected flight test in Feb/Mar 2012.

Reiff Lorenz, XL-RG
Making a WEEK of building progress every HOUR I spend at the factory

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CCB5E7.3B39D360]