REFLECTOR: Fuel System -- Return Fuel Flow

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Thu Dec 8 13:54:26 CST 2011

HI Brian-
I have the same setup on my Subaru- but with 2 electric pumps and not
mechanical- the fuel returns to the sump- I know that there has been
discussion about foaming, but I have not experienced this on my limited
running, probably, the liquid fuel is sufficiently more dense to force the
vapor out through the vent if there is any- you might want to temporarily
install some clear tubing on the return line ( the pressure is low) and see
what is going into the sump.

Alex