REFLECTOR: Fuel System -- Return Fuel Flow

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Dec 8 13:01:12 CST 2011

Continental engines can return quite a bit of fuel. At least the 520's
can.  The T210's have a known problem of overheating their sump tanks
with fuel return and there is a AD out to address that with the electric
aux pump.  The 210 has a system very much like ours but with a little
bitty sump, I think its 1/2 gallon.

Since my sump is 3+ gallons I'm not concerned.  I draw from 4 inches
from the bottom of the sump and return to the top of the sump.  No
problem in 100 hours, some of those in 100+ F oat.

Scott