REFLECTOR: Symantec confusion

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 13:19:56 CST 2011

Thanks for that... I guess no one was listening to me...

Steve

From: lwcoen at hotmail.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 13:05:59 -0600
Subject: REFLECTOR: Symantec confusion

Aileron snatch, Dutch roll and adverse yaw are three separate and distinct things.  Google "Dutch roll" and and get your terms straight.  Aileron droop on a Velocity is to compensate for slop in the control system.  In flight the ailerons should be in neutral.  Air foils that droop in flight are called "flaps" and are retracted in cruise.  Gliders have air foils that stick up to kill lift.  A Velocity is neither a glider or does it have flaps.  Aileron snatch is where aileron control is "snatched" away from the pilot in an un-commanded moment.

Larry Coen
N136LC
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html