REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Nut - XL RGs

William Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 1 18:38:29 CST 2011

Here is a quick and super cheap solution for the nose gear nut problem. Go to Lowes and buy a SinkDrain Wrench, part number 331850. It costs less than $9, is thin
enough to use with the wheel in place, and is worth it's weight in gold. Just slip it between the forks onto the nut, then turn the whole fork/wrench assembly either direction to loosen or tighten the nut at will.

As an aside, be very wary of how much threaded shaft is exposed to the center of the tire area. Mine had to be relieved somewhat at the rear portion to clear my center tread area. I even had to relieve a little of my nut at the rear for the same reason.

Bill Walker