REFLECTOR: In ear headsets

Jim Kanter jim at d-film.com
Fri Aug 26 12:55:31 CDT 2011

Been flying with the Clarity Aloft for over 4 years and love 'em.
Tried the competing Halo from Quiet Technologies, the Bose X,
Lightspeed Q/Solo and Zulu, and Peltor. None of them were as
comfortable as the CA. My wife just decided to be done with her Bose X
and switched to the CA. She can hear the difference (CA is a little
louder) but finds them much more comfortable. I like that I can hear
the engine pitch change even though it is highly muffled.

The trick with in-ear headsets is getting the plugs positioned
properly in your ear and the wire snugged in behind your head.
Recently sat to get fitted for custom ear-molds at Oshkosh and am
waiting for them to arrive.

Jim