REFLECTOR: Anyone have experience on a Prince Prop on a IO-360(200hp)

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:27:30 CDT 2011

Kevin,

I've got an ECI IOX-360 parallel valve which is nominally 185 hp, but with
electronic ignition I think it's closer to 195. I'm very happy with my
Prince P-Tip two-blade. It's 68" diameter and 78" pitch.  It looks great and
only weighs 13 lbs.  Lonnie Prince claims that under load the carbon fiber
blades flatten out a little and reduce the pitch by 2 or 3 inches. All I
know is that I get off the ground in less than 1500 feet and can still fly
200 mph at 4000 feet.

Doug Holub
Standard FG w/ electric nose lift