REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Microswitch

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 19:47:52 CDT 2011

Hi John,

The switch is closed when the light is on. 12 volts is supplied to the
switch through the lamp, closing the switch (gear down and locked) completes
the
circuit to ground turning on the lamp.  The test button acts as a ground for
all 3 lamps. Since that works, I'd say you have bad (intermittent) grounds
the switch connections.

BTW: Don't you carry a 12" metal rod to slide through the keel under the
nose wheel shocks. It prevents a collapse if the over center is not locked,
or the
Tower tells you that the gear is down but the light is off.

Good Luck,

--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG