REFLECTOR: After two years of prep.

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:02:30 CDT 2011

I tried for weeks to get my IOX-360 to idle below 1000 RPMs without success.
I even re-calibrated the fuel injection.  I finally discovered that my
sniffle valve wasn't installed. But it wasn't plugged (thank God). The hole
for the sniffle valve in the plenum wouldn't let the throttle body restrict
air intake enough to idle slowly.

I elected not to install the sniffle valve. I just made the hole in the
plenum smaller by installing a pipe fitting. I can still idle at 750 RPMs,
and I don't need to worry about the sniffle valve getting stuck and blowing
up my engine.

Doug Holub