REFLECTOR: air in break line

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 10:12:22 CDT 2011

Before you go nuts trying to bleed the brakes take a look at the attached
diagram for Matco brakes.  You will notice that the connections between the
pistons are not in a straight line and require you to fill from the bottom
piston up while adjusting the caliper position to allow the air trapped in the
piston to escape up.  Note the pistons are hollow so the process of keeping the
connections vertical also requires rocking the caliper side to side at the same
time.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying