REFLECTOR: air in break line

Barry Gibbons gibbons at as.net
Mon Apr 18 09:47:28 CDT 2011

OK

Thanks

Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:01 AM
To: reflector
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: air in break line

Barry,

I've really struggled with bleeding as well.  I really liked the Aircraft
Tool power bleeder, but it seemed to be putting entrained air into my lines.
What I did to resolve this was to get a smaller oiler can and just replace
it's hose with tygon that fit over it's outlet and the bleeder nipple.  This
lets me force fluid in from the bottom of the brake without adding any air
to the system.  This seems to work pretty well.  In addition, the cylinders
really like to trap air, so I get the system full and then vibrate the pedal
assembly vigourously to get the bubbles to move out of them, bleed some
more, and then repeat this process several times.

I've found that this works well, but I will still have to vibrate and bleed
a bit more on two or three consecutive evenings to really get all of the air
out - every night there would be one bubble that had escaped from the
cylinder.  But I was! able to get very firm brakes with this technique, and
nothing else really worked for me.

Brett

> Hello

> For about two month I have been trying to bleed my left break. I replace
the master cly. Three times, rebuild the caliber twice; replace break line
to gear leg and still getting air in the line. No sign of fluid leak. It
looks like it coming from the master cyl. After I reverse flow and no
bubbles I stop. Then when I push on the brake you can see a bubble come from
Master cyl. You wait until the next day you can see more air in the line.
But changing it three times it has to be something else. Any suggestion on
what I can try or where the air might be coming in from. I have done reverse
flow and pumping break and bleeding at caliper. > Barry