REFLECTOR: Wet compass

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:36:42 CST 2010

Ron,

In my experience dealing with those that inspect is that the wet compass is the primary and your Dynon is the unnecessary extra compass.  As far as they are concerned a magnetic compass is a device that contains a magnet floating in a fluid.  The FAA really doesn't  say but if you ask them to clarify the rule it will take years and you probably won't like the answer anyway.  That's why I have a wet compass on my glare shield.

Larry Coen
N136LC