REFLECTOR: Auto engine installed 172

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Nov 12 11:27:31 CST 2010

I heard of a guy that added a stub off his manifold to effectively
shield the O2 sensor from directly impinging gasses with the idea that
the lead would not be able to easily deposit on the sensor, but the CO
obviously would.  The downside is that the sensor would need more
heating, and the response time would be slower.

I think it was in an RV auto engine, and he got perhaps 100 or 200 hours
out of it.  If so, then that could be a reasonable return on the cost to
go closed loop.