REFLECTOR: Auto engine installed 172

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Nov 11 19:55:40 CST 2010

Wikipedia says the Prius THS II engine is 37% efficient.
The Volkswagen 3.3L TDI engine is 41.1% efficient which they are showing
as a SFC of .33, which is a little better than my Franklin.

So, that Prius engine is pretty small and doesn't get better than the
TDI engine.  Why didn't they use a TDI engine instead?

My guess is weight, and power requirements.