REFLECTOR: Auto engine installed 172

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Nov 11 10:54:55 CST 2010

   I have not been able to find a solid number, from what I can tell on
the net, the LS3 engine runs at a best BSFC of around .45.

I believe most aircraft engines run in the .36 to .40 range.

The website claims 2x better, when the LS3 is not even as efficient.

I like auto engines and everything, but their smaller cylinders and
higher RPM's are going to make it extremely difficult to get better BSFC
numbers than large bore, slow RPM engines.