REFLECTOR: Auto engine installed 172

Bob Jackson bobj at computer.org
Wed Nov 10 21:36:19 CST 2010

You're right, Scott and Sid!

I said "electronic ignition" -- I meant "electronic fuel injection".  With
Gami injectors and the already-well-balanced airflow of the IO-550N, LOP is
a piece of cake and the standard operating mode for us in cruise at any
altitude.  What we need is better fuel injection.  I'm hoping Sid will have
an availability list for that, too!

A while back there was some talk of it being bad or dangerous to run LOP at
low altitudes, but I never heard anyone explain their "why".  Other than
wanting to be back set up ROP in the pattern for any required WOT go-around,
can someone explain to me the above concern?  We routinely cruise LOP at all
altitudes without distinction.

Thanks,

Bob

  _____