REFLECTOR: Engine pre-heat

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Tue Nov 9 17:19:18 CST 2010

I installed one of these...
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/ezHeater.php
It works really well.  Even when the temps get down in the teens, my engine
and cylinders are in the 70's.  I always let it soak for at least 12 hours.
The heat conducts up from the oil pan into the entire engine.  Just make
sure you plug all the holes in your cowling and maybe throw a blanket over
the top.  Before I start my preflight I put my hand on the valve covers to
make sure they are warm.

Darrell